As a teen, it really sucks. School works, depression, anxiety, etc. We all experience it. But you know what can make up after having a bad day (or even during good days)— ICE CREAM!
Cookie’s and Cream + Mint = AMAZING COMBINATION FOR AN ICE CREAM FLAVOR
Chocolate + Mint is one of my favs too!
But here in Cebu, it is really hard to look for mint flavored ice creams 😦 sad I know..
The mint in this ice cream is exponentially mintier because I used Cool Mint Oreos in it. Mint ice cream + Mint cookies = Mint squared. Mint to the second power. Mintalicious.
Is it weird to say that this ice cream is more refreshing than regular ice cream? Because it’s mint? For some reason, cool mint flavor in an ice cream just screams refreshing to me. Cool mint ice cream to cool you off in this sweltering heat.
Well Hey! Making your own ice cream is easier than you think.
This ice cream is the most simple, easiest ice cream you’ll ever make
This Easy Cookies ‘n Mint Ice Cream is made without an ice cream machine! Mint ice cream filled with Oreos – perfect for your mint lover!
- 10 Cool Mint Cream Oreos
- 1 tablespoon butter spread (or butter, softened)
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 ounces fat-free Cool Whip, thawed
- Green food coloring, optional
- Pulse Oreos in a food processor until you get a fine crumb. Add butter and pulse until chunks form. Set aside.
- Stir together sweetened condensed milk and peppermint extract in a large bowl. (I like to do this in a tupperware, so that it can go straight to the freezer without me having to wash anything!) Fold in Cool
- Whip gently. Add 3-5 drops green food coloring, if desired, to get the green “mint” color you want.
- Add the Oreo crumbs to the ice cream and gently fold them in. Don’t mix too much or there won’t be chunks of them to bite into.
- Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours, but overnight is best. Enjoy!
You can substitute regular Cool Whip for the fat-free and regular SCM for the fat-free kind. If you prefer not to use Cool Whip, you can use fresh whipped cream by beating 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form and sub it for the whipped topping.